Portugal Holiday rentals in Portugal
Our most beautiful destinations
This year, are you dreaming of beautiful beaches, sun on your skin, Portuguese cuisine and a glass of Port in your hand? Don't wait, book your holiday rental in Portugal. Portugal offers wonderful landscapes, from Porto in the north to the Algarve region in the south.
When is it best to go on holiday in Portugal?
A trip to Portugal is always a treat! The climate is oceanic on the northern coasts and in the rest of the country which gives dry and hot weather, in summer, throughout Portugal. You are almost guaranteed good weather from April to October.
To enjoy the beaches of Portugal, it is best to go from May to September.
Holidays in Portugal: what to do, what to see, what to visit?
Portugal has a lot to offer. No matter which destination you choose, you will love your holiday in Portugal!
- There are two cities that are definitely worth a visit during your stay in Portugal:
- The most famous and the one that cannot be ignored is of course the beautiful city of Lisbon. A festive city, a pearl of a thousand monuments, famous for its sloping streets and yellow trams, all the ingredients for a great visit to Lisbon. Whether you go for a weekend or a week as a couple, with friends or with your family, the city offers many activities, visits and discoveries. Our little tip if you're in Lisbon: enjoy a delicious Pastel de nata at the Pastéis de Belém (the first shop to invent this Portuguese pastry).
- Porto is the second essential stop during a stay in Portugal. The 3 things not to be missed are: 1-Grab a drink on the terrace alongside the Rio Douro river, where you will have a great view of the Dom-Luís bridge | 2-Savour the famous Port wine by visiting the cellars located in the Vila Nova de Gaia district (you have to cross the Dom-Luís bridge) | 3-Try the Portuguese version of the toastie: the "Francesinha": with several meats, cheese and an egg in it!
The Algarve is the most touristic region of Portugal. Its sunny location (in the extreme south of the country), its beaches, its natural parks and its high cliffs make it one of the most favoured destinations. There are 300 days of sunshine per year here! What could be better?
Here are some activities not to be missed during your holiday in the Algarve:
- Visit to the caves; you will find several of them, the most famous being the Benagil cave, Elephant on the Lagos side or Xorino in Albufeira.
- A sea cruise; you can take your pick! We recommend the cruise between Lagos and Praia de Luz which lasts 3 hours and allows you to see the West coast.
- Explore part of the Rota Vincenta hiking trail (nearly 450km long)
Holiday rental in Portugal: foods you have to try!
A holiday rental in Portugal is also an opportunity to give your taste buds a lift! And to do this, you'll have to eat locally and the advantage is that you won't be disappointed in Portugal! Whether you are in the North or the South, you will find all kinds of specialties.
In Portugal you will find a very varied cuisine. Many dishes are based on seafood, which are very common, but you will find pastries, sausage dishes, meats or cheese and wine!
We have compiled a small list that may give you some ideas for your holiday in Portugal, but you will find many other specialities:
- Pastéis de Bacalhau: small cod-based fritters (yes, Bacalhau = cod);
- Francesinha: the famous toastie mentioned above;
- Cozido a portuguesa: this is a Portuguese style stew, which mixes several meats, namely pork, chicken, beef and various sausages;
- Serra cheese, made from sheep's milk with a rather soft texture
- Charcoal-grilled sardines: a typical Lisbon dish, you will find them with different accompaniments;
- Pastel de Belém, a delicious little pastry
- Torta de azeitão: rather like a swiss roll covered with egg yolk
So, when are leaving for Portugal?